Sustainable Travel Commitment
Visit Anchorage is committed to protecting and improving the community by implementing sustainable practices that benefit the place we live, the people we serve, and the prosperity of Anchorage as a whole. We do this by:
- Encouraging travelers to make better, more informed decisions about their travels in and around the community, and to connect with our home and its people in more meaningful ways.
- Educating local businesses on sustainable policies and serving as a guide for implementation of best practices.
- Spreading the economic and social benefits of travel throughout the community, ensuring no one place is over-utilized.
- Reducing emissions and waste in our owned and operated facilities including offices, Visitor Information Centers, and the Anchorage Convention Centers.
- Working cooperatively with community residents and entities toward local programs and policies that preserve and protect.
- Reporting regularly on progress for each of these areas.
Visit Anchorage is certified through the Adventure Green Alaska program. The program recognizes and promotes model Alaska tourism businesses who practice economic, environmental, social, and cultural sustainability.