Build a wider and better network, reconnect with friends in the industry, and enjoy a casual, afterhours event out in the community for tourism businesses. Business Exchanges are where Visit Anchorage members, staff, and volunteers, as well as community leaders get together. Attendees can make business connections, keep pace with new developments, strengthen partnerships, and socialize with peers, all in a relaxed social atmosphere. Attendance is free.
Business Exchanges typically take place from 5 to 7 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month. Special exceptions and schedule changes may occur occasionally.
Hosting a Business Exchange
Hosting this event is an excellent way for your company to introduce itself to a new business audience, share information on your products and services, show what you can do, and generate positive exposure. If you would like to host a Business Exchange contact rsvp@Anchorage.net to discuss your preferred date.
Visit Anchorage Responsibilities
- Promote Business Exchange in business communications - including monthly membership luncheon, member emails, online at Anchorage.net/rsvp
- Manage RSVPs through www.Anchorage.net/rsvp and Visit Anchorage representatives
- Addresses for printed invitations, if desired by host (Visit Anchorage will provide mailing labels to the host or send the list to a member print/mailing house)
- Provide a portable microphone and sound system if location warrants
- Provide welcome banner(s)
- Provide a door prize - in addition to host
- Provide pens and name tags for guests
- Provide check-in staff during the event and greet guests
- Emcee for announcement of door prize winners
- Recognition of the host(s) during brief welcome remarks
- Provide location to accommodate 80-150 people for the two-hour event.
- Provide hors d'oeuvres - must use a Visit Anchorage member caterer/restaurant*
- Provide approximately two drinks - alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic - per person
- Find a co-host(s) if desired - must be a Visit Anchorage member
- Arrange any staff needed to assist guests, provide tours, or showcase products or services
- Book entertainment (if desired) - must use a Visit Anchorage member*
- Provide a table at entrance for collecting business cards and signing guest book
- Provide at least one host to support Visit Anchorage representative inside front door to greet guests
- Direct all attendees to RSVP through www.Anchorage.net/RSVP
*Member products and services can be found online
Since attendees mingle, minimal seating required - approximately 40 at most. Adequate event parking is a must.