About Visit Anchorage
Visit Anchorage's main aim is to attract and serve visitors to the Municipality of Anchorage. Travel and tourism generates more economic benefit for residents and diversifies Anchorage's economy.
Since 1975, Visit Anchorage - formerly the Anchorage Convention and Visitors Bureau - has represented the communities of Anchorage, Girdwood, Eagle River, Eklutna, Indian, Birchwood, Chugiak, and Portage before the traveling public, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Visit Anchorage Goals
- Stimulate demand for Anchorage as a premier travel destination.
- Engage visitors that best align with Anchorage and its product mix.
- Enhance the visitor experience.
- Ensure the continued success of the Anchorage Convention Centers
- Position travel as a leading economic generator for Anchorage and Visit Anchorage as a community leader.
Visit Anchorage marketing functions are funded by one-third of the bed tax collected by lodging facilities. One-third goes to the Municipality's general fund, and one-third to service the bond debt and operations of the Anchorage Convention Centers. Visit Anchorage receives no state or federal funds.
Destination marketing is a very competitive business. Visit Anchorage's positioning of Anchorage keeps our city top-of-mind with the traveling public, infusing much-needed visitor industry dollars into our community. These dollars allow for year-round employment, generate revenue for more than 1,000 local businesses and keep our quality-of-life high by making it profitable for restaurants and entertainment options to remain open throughout the year, benefiting residents. Discover more about the many ways tourism works for Anchorage.