Adventures in Anchorage
Tag along on a four-day Anchorage getaway: See wildlife, glaciers, and city art and culture; enjoy wide open spaces and iconic Alaska experiences. Follow the links below each vlog for more information about featured activities and attractions, then keep planning with the help of your free Official Guide to Anchorage.
Arrival & Downtown
- Arrive at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Settle in at a downtown Anchorage hotel.
- Rent a bicycle for a ride on the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail.
- Explore downtown Anchorage's eclectic collection of public art.
City Sights & Eklutna Lake
- Fuel up with breakfast at a downtown Anchorage cafe or restaurant.
- Learn about local history and admire modern and traditional Alaska art and artifacts at the Anchorage Museum.
- Hike and kayak at Eklutna Lake, a 45-minute drive north of downtown.
- Enjoy dinner on the waterfront at Lake Hood, a buzzing seaplane base in the heart of Anchorage.
Exploring Turnagain Arm
- Grab a cup of coffee for the road, then head south on the scenic Seward Highway to Bird Point.
- Explore tree-lined hiking trails in Girdwood.
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center for up-close encounters with some of Alaska's most iconic animals.
Girdwood & Glacier Flightseeing
- Head south on the Seward Highway to the ski community of Girdwood, known for world-class slopes and abundant natural beauty.
- Pick up a cinnamon roll or similar treat at the Bake Shop, a local favorite.
- Enjoy a glacier flightseeing tour featuring an unforgettable landing on one of the many massive rivers of ancient ice flowing through the Chugach Mountains.
- Head back to Anchorage for dinner at a local restaurant with a sunset view.