Anchorage Fall Stay & Play Giveaway Rules
Anchorage Sweepstakes Rules & Eligibility
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
2. The Anchorage Fall Stay & Play Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to persons who are 18 years of age or older who live in Alaska, and have a valid e-mail address and telephone number as of the Start Date. Sweepstakes is void outside of Alaska.
3. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple email and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or using any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified.
The Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, or delayed entries. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of entries allowed. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is the Anchorage Convention & Visitors Bureau dba Visit Anchorage, having an address of 524 W. Fourth Avenue, Anchorage Alaska 99501-2212.
5. The Sweepstakes begins at 4:00 p.m. ADT on August 9, 2021 (the "Start Date") and ends at 12:59 p.m. ADT on August 27, 2021 (the "End Date"). The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. One grand prize winner will receive:
Alaska Helicopter Tours Grand Knik Tour for two (2) from Anchorage, Alaska. Both travelers must use the same itinerary. Winner must designate travelers when claiming prize. Weight limit of 300 pounds per person including clothing and gear.
Anchorage hotel stay of our choosing for two (2) consecutive nights for two (2) people
Two (2) $100 restaurant gift card at restaurants of our choosing
- Airfare or other transportation to/from Anchorage in which prize starts/ends, baggage fees, and upgrades are not included. Local transportation, meals, and gratuities not included in the prize package are the responsibility of the winner, as are all hotel charges other than basic room fees.
7. Restrictions: Blackout dates and restrictions apply. Advance notice required. Contact Visit Anchorage for more information.
8. Travel must occur between September 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022. Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for delayed, cancelled, or missed tours or activities. No amenities or accommodations will be provided other than those listed in these Rules. Applicable taxes and all other expenses incurred in connection with redemption of any prize are the responsibility of the winner. The grand prize is valued at approximately $2,000.
9. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other prize by the winner. Visit Anchorage reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
10. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.anchorage.net/stayandplay and complete the official entry form. All online entries must be received by the Sweepstakes end date for inclusion in the drawing. No form of entry other than that specified herein is permitted. Use of automated, programmed, robotic or like forms of entry is prohibited. By entering the Sweepstakes, all entrants that provide an e-mail address agree to receive at least one e-mail from Visit Anchorage.
11. In case of dispute, electronic entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the submitted e-mail address as of the time of entry. An authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. Visit Anchorage is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any which may affect your entry or the Sweepstakes. Visit Anchorage is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, late or illegible entries. Entries that are generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are prohibited and such entries and/or those otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are disqualified. All entries received by facsimile are disqualified. Visit Anchorage shall have the absolute right to determine in its sole discretion if an entry is in full compliance with these Official Rules without notice to the person attempting to enter.
13. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Visit Anchorage and its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, sponsors, prize suppliers, and affiliated advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
14. Visit Anchorage Employees and agents, sponsors and consultants to Visit Anchorage, including also their family members (parents, children, siblings, and/or spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
15. The winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries on or about August 27, 2021. Selection results are final and binding, subject only to the terms of Rules 17, 18, and 19, below.
16. In the event a winning entry is discovered by Visit Anchorage to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize as determined by Visit Anchorage, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
17. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a computerized random selection to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
18. Attempts to notify the winner will be made only by telephone to the telephone number submitted with the winning entry. Notification will occur within one (1) day of the winner's selection. Visit Anchorage is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures or delivery problems of any kind. If Visit Anchorage is unable to make contact with the winner within seven (7) days after Visit Anchorage first attempts to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to claim the Prize upon notification, the Prize may be forfeited in the discretion of Sweepstakes Judges and awarded to an alternate winner.
19. To obtain a list of the official winners (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winner, "Anchorage Fall Stay and Play Giveaway," 524 W. Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501-2212. Please be certain to specify that you are requesting the "Official Winner List for the Anchorage Fall Stay and Play Giveaway."
20. By participating, any person who enters (Entrant) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to interpret and apply these Official Rules at its sole discretion, and to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time.
21. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES, EXCISE, OR OTHER TAXES THAT MAY APPLY; VISIT ANCHORAGE IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES AS MAY BE IMPOSED.
23. Visit Anchorage reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes or modify any rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Visit Anchorage reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and/or ban from any future sweepstakes, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified and/or banned entrant.
24. All entry information and materials become the property of Visit Anchorage and will not be returned.
25. This contest is conducted in Alaska. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Visit Anchorage in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Alaska. By entering the contest, entrants agree that any legal action resulting from this Sweepstakes shall be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the Third Judicial District of Alaska.
26. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “The Anchorage Fall Stay and Play Giveaway," 524 W. Fourth Avenue Anchorage, Alaska 99501-2212, or go to www.Anchorage.net/fall-giveaway-rules, or http://www.Anchorage.net/fall-giveaway-rules on the Internet.