Back to Previous
Recipe: Salmon Cakes
Serves 10-12 | Ready in 2 hours
- 3 cups cooked and flaked salmon, bones removed
- 2 cups shredded hash browns
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup any colored pepper, diced (not green pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dill, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes as desired for extra spice: add about 1⁄2 tbsp, or omit the jalapeño peppers and add more red pepper flakes.
- Sauté the onion, pepper, and jalapeño in equal amounts of olive oil and butter until just tender but not browned.
- Add garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Mix the salmon, hash browns and onion mixture in large bowl. Add in the mayo, mustard, egg, dill, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix thoroughly.
- Form into patties, roll in panko, and cook in olive oil until browned on both sides. Enjoy!