Take the Healthy Anchorage Pledge
Alaskans are resilient, resourceful, and rely on one another when challenges arise. We want to keep the economy strong, businesses ready, and our friends and guests safe. Visit Anchorage is launching the Healthy Anchorage Pledge to aid with all three. By taking the pledge, businesses commit to doing their part to keep their staff and patrons safe, helping our community tackle COVID-19. Participating businesses are invited to demonstrate protocols every day and display their commitment prominently. Together we can inspire confidence among residents and travelers and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
By taking the Healthy Anchorage Pledge, I commit my business to:
- Follow Expert Advice – Implement CDC guidance, observe state and local mandates, and make guests aware of what they can do to help.
- Keep Clean – Use sanitation best practices from the CDC and specialized guidance from industry leaders.
- Wear Masks – Wear face coverings and ask guests to wear them too.
- Practice Physical Distancing – Ensure enough space so everyone can stay 6 feet apart at minimum.
- Encourage Contactless Payment – Accept credit cards, debit cards, and other cashless payment whenever possible.
- Stop the Spread – Keep guest records to ensure public health officials can easily connect with individuals to keep the virus from spreading.
After taking the pledge, you’ll receive access to the toolkit to help you share your commitment with staff and patrons. There are printable signs, logos, and social media assets to help you welcome prospective customers, whether they are Alaska residents or visitors. We're also recognizing current pledge participants on this site.