This monthly after work get-together is a casual affair for members and Visit Anchorage volunteers and staff to come together. Besides providing tremendous positive exposure for the host and co-host, Business Exchanges give Visit Anchorage members an opportunity to meet other members, Visit Anchorage staff and volunteers, and community decision makers. Attendees exchange business cards, make business connections and new friendships, all in a relaxed social atmosphere.
A Business Exchange typically occurs from 5 to 7 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month (preferred but exceptions can be made).
The cost to attend is always free.
As with most Alaska events, you will feel just as comfortable in jeans as a three-piece suit.
Hosting a Business Exchange
- Provide Visit Anchorage with specific directions to location and business logo
- Provide hors d'oeuvres - must use a Visit Anchorage member caterer/restaurant*
- Invitations for potential guests (Visit Anchorage will provide mailing labels to the host or send the list to a member print/mailing house)
- Find a co-host(s) if desired - must be a Visit Anchorage member*
- Provide location to accommodate 80-150 people for the two-hour period
- Provide additional staff to assist the large crowds/provide tours when appropriate w/ ample staff
- Provide approximately two drinks - alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic (per person)
- Place different food and beverage areas so they are accessible and ensure proper traffic flow
- Offer limited seating - approximately 40 - so that attendees mingle
- Provide entertainment (optional) - must use a Visit Anchorage member*
- Provide ample parking or valet service - consider providing parking attendants for easy parking
- Provide a table at entrance for collecting business cards and signing guest book
- Provide at least one host to support Visit Anchorage representative inside front door to greet guests
- Provide information on your business to attendees
- Direct all attendees to RSVP through www.Anchorage.net/RSVP
*Member products and services can be found online
Visit Anchorage Responsibilities:
- Provide a portable microphone and sound system if location warrants
- Provide Welcome Banner(s)
- Provide at least two door prizes - in addition to host
- Provide pens and name tags for guests
- Promote Business Exchange at prior monthly membership luncheon, in member e-blasts, online at Anchorage.net in the member section and in Wild Review Newsletters (if time allows)
- Take RSVPs through www.Anchorage.net/rsvp or through a Visit Anchorage representative
- Provide check-in staff during the event and greet guests
If you would like to host a Business Exchange contact rsvp@Anchorage.net to discuss your preferred date.