North by North Festival
Date: Apr 27, 2018 - Apr 29, 2018
- Times: Times vary, see Description
- Location: Anchorage Museum
The second annual North by North Festival provides a forum to strengthen Alaskans’ awareness of the Arctic and to facilitate international dialogue. The festival offers a venue to connect with partners across the Arctic and highlight the diversity of and commonality between people, landscape, culture and future of the Arctic.
Participants engage in curated conversations, exhibitions, performances, presentations, music, dance, art installations, food tastings and film. North by North promotes the empowerment of inhabitants of the Circumpolar North and provides a meaningful space for relationship building and knowledge transfer between Northerners.
· NxN Innovate – on Friday, innovators from across Alaska and other Arctic states will share new ideas, technology and processes. This will be a fast-paced day of TED-style talks and topic-driven break-out sessions.
· NxN Resilience – on Saturday and Sunday the Anchorage Museum will host multiple discussions, workshops and presentations that focus on sustainable development, resilience, design and knowledge
· NxN Food * Music * Film – a music-infused weekend with northern street foods by visiting international chefs and the second Circumpolar North Film Festival
North by North is part of the Week of the Arctic 2018 events.