Glaciers, Icebergs, and Wildflowers Up Close - Harriman Fjord Photo Tour
- Date: Jul 26, 2017
- Times: 08 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Admission: $450
- Location: Michael DeYoung Photography / DeYoung Photo Workshops
This full day tour on a privately chartered boat with Lazy Otter Charters exclusive to our group takes us to one of the most spectacular places in Prince William Sound: Harriman Fjord, where we will find five tidewater glaciers, icebergs, spectacular waterfalls, wildflowers and massive peaks of the Chugach Mountains thrusting 8,000 feet above the water.
There are two planned beach landings where we stand a good chance of taking close-up photos of icebergs with glaciers and mountains in the background. Along the way and once in Harriman Fjord, there will be ample opportunities to capture glaciers and mountain views as well as the possibility to photograph sea otters, birds, harbor seals, and other marine wildlife.
- A privately chartered boat (for our group only) with flexibility in itinerary
- 2 beach landings (conditions permitting) for land-based photography
- Tour date picked for a morning low tide that maximizes potential to walk up to and among icebergs stranded on beach for unique photo opportunities
- Usually lots of fireweed in bloom
- Potential to see and photograph marine wildlife such as sea otters, harbor seals, orca whales and bald eagles
- Expert photography guidance by longtime pro and successful Alaska photographer
Whittier, AK 99693 Local