With our unparalleled depth of Alaska travel industry relationships and our “Alaska-only” focus, the Alaskans on the Alaska Private Touring team are true experts in Alaska destination knowledge and itinerary development.
Hiring for: Sales, Reservations, Operations/Logistics
Primary Responsibilities: The Travel Designer delivers custom private tour experiences to Alaska Private Touring clients. The Travel Designer provides quality customer service, develops general solid knowledge of all product lines, and ensures impeccable delivery of private tour experiences.
Travel Designer Accountability:
1. Understand client needs and preferences, designing custom tour itineraries to meet the client’s style specifically
2. Coordinate, schedule, and contract with vendors to deliver all products and services planned on client itineraries
3. Anticipate potential obstacles or challenges in an itinerary and proactively resolve any issues before they become a problem on tour
4. Communicate tour expectations realistically and thoroughly, eliminating surprises by ensuring clients understand what is or is not possible on their tour
5. Identify and develop unique elements that make our client experience exceptional
6. Utilize company software and resources to their fullest potential, contributing to maintaining product data to ensure accurate reference information is available to the team
7. Prepare itinerary budgets and successfully presenting budgets to clients to close deals and meet or exceed sales targets
8. Manage client reservations, scheduling, contracting and confirming each step on the itinerary to ensure a seamless travel experience
9. Create client travel documents, including itineraries, vouchers, and other documentation required to support the itinerary
10. Provide 24/7 client assistance as required, is available as a resource for clients traveling throughout Alaska by taking company mobile phone as scheduled
Travel Designer Authority:
1. Contract with vendors to fulfill itineraries as approved by clients.
2. Design and offer client itineraries, representing Alaska Private Touring through the proposal process
3. Send accurate and complete client confirmation/invoice documents and following up for payment as needed
1. Minimum 2 years experience working in travel industry
2. Excellent attention to detail
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Proven sales and customer service skills
5. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft computer programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
6. Process oriented and analytical thinking skills
Starting wage: $3500/month, plus sales incentive.
Benefits may include: Paid leave, Retirement savings plan
Submission instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Open until: 12/31/2023