In accordance with the Visit Anchorage mission, this position works under the supervision of the Vice President of Tourism Development & Sales (TDS) to support marketing strategies to the tourism marketplace.
To apply, download and complete the application and send with your resume and cover letter to Nedra Anderson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 524 West Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501.
Essential Job Functions:
- Share responsibility for department Simple View data management including distribution of TDS leads and RFPs to members
- Help to maintain and update Anchorage.net content on TDS portion of Anchorage.net
- Research new TDS show, event and advertising opportunities
- Help with design, layout, fact-checking and member product news for TDS materials and Newsletters
- Assist in hosting fams in Anchorage and around the state as required
- Travel as needed (on occasion or in special circumstances) to cover consumer and trade show events, domestic and international may be required
- Manage print and giveaway inventories and assist in fulfillment of travel trade requests
- Assist with planning and organizing TDS hosted events for travel trade and tour operators domestically or overseas
- Assist in management, maintenance and growth of travel trade social media networks, including regular tracking and reporting
- Gather and generate relevant and engaging content for use on travel trade social media networks
- Other duties as assigned may include providing companywide administrative support at the Front Desk with Receptionist duties on a substitutive basis as requested and/or available
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- A bachelors degree or at least three years of tourism marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and professional experience preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Alaska tourism, convention and destination products
- Advanced written communication skills to compose, edit and proof correspondence, proposals, sales projects, and reports
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Ability to deal with the public and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to present ideas and to solve print, production, visual, and communication problems within a team environment
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Advanced computer skills with a major emphasis on procedure development and file management including working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, and database management software, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Go Live, Dreamweaver, Flash, and HTML
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting for standard office equipment including fax machines, phones, copier, and scanners
- Ability to type 45 wpm with accuracy
- Ability to sort and index files for input, ability to sit at a computer, and vision acuity to read VDT and reports
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of collaboration
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment to administer sales and support to clients, hoteliers, and other members
- Ability to continually update skills due to pace with changes in technology and innovations
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires the ability to occasionally carrying and lift luggage and promotional materials (approx. 50 lbs.), standing at events, assembling event displays and display area, and packing needed materials.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.