Since 2009, 907 Tours has provided exceptional, small-group ( 4 – 12 guests) half- and full-day soft eco-adventure guided tours from Anchorage, Alaska to over 11,000 happy guests. We’re looking for a special person to add to our small, local team and earn great pay with bonus incentives for the 2020 season (May – September, with low-season extension potential). View the full job description here.
The ideal candidate:
- Local to Anchorage/Alaska at large.
- Experience showing guests the Turnagain Arm and its attractions – Portage Glacier, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, etc. – as well as Anchorage itself.
- Wider knowledge of Alaska history, culture, environment and a thirst to always learn more.
- Personable and comfortable working with the public, whether in-person, on the telephone or electronically.
As a 907 Tours team member, your responsibilities will include:
- Daily liason with company and owner and co-workers as needed
- Contacting and picking up guests
- Engaging and interacting with the guests, providing narration and informative discussion of the Southcentral region and Alaska overall
- Capturing photos and videos of guests enjoying our tours
- Ensuring guest safety and satisfaction from pick-up to drop-off
- Providing as-needed office support, including telephone guest support and in-coming inquiries, taking bookings, representing 907 Tours face-to-face with local concierges and other partners
Ideal candidates will have the following guiding & office experience:
- Guiding experience (1 year minimum)
- Driving experience (up to 15-passenger vans; Class C not required) and a pristine driving record
- Back- and/or front-office experience/capabilities, particularly customer service via telephone and electronically
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about Southcentral Alaska, its natural and historical features
- Comfortable using mobile technology (text, photography)
Ideal candidates will have the following personality traits:
- Engaging, friendly, patient demeanor
- Loves being in service to current guests.
- Excited about sharing your enthusiasm for traveling in Alaska with 907 Tours to future potential guests via email and phone
- This position requires a responsible, enthusiastic person with a variety of knowledge and excellent “soft skills”. A drive and desire to keep learning and improving is essential.
How to apply to be a part of the Award-Winning Team
- Visit our website and review closely the type of tours we do: https://www.907toursalaska.com/
- Your cover letter explaining why your previous professional experience supports your success in this position and our tours.
- Your CVs with required qualifications from above.
- Your hourly starting wage request (within adventure travel/ecotourism industry standards).
- A minimum of three contactable references. 1. References (email and telephone details for all recent references).
- A friendly, professional, clear, head and shoulders photograph or short video.
- Return all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org