This position applies to two shifts daily, an early and a late shift; AM Storekeeper works 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and PM Storekeeper works 12:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The emphasis on the AM shift is to strip rooms of linens and garbage and remove them quickly from common areas. Consolidating ALL STRIPPING of rooms and removal of dirty linens in a single position increases efficiency. Secondly, by arriving earlier than housekeepers, the storekeeper has time to stock and organize housekeeping carts and linen closets in preparation for their arrival. The emphasis on the PM shift is first to assist with cleaning unfinished rooms, then to stock and organize housekeeping carts and linen closets in preparation for the next day. The PM Storekeeper responds to guest requests as directed by the Front Desk after the Housekeeping Department has closed for the day. The position maintains basic security tasks and performs laundry or other special tasks as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
Additional Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to work early mornings or late evenings and weekends.
- Dependable, self-directed, and detail-oriented.
- Strict compliance with Land’s End Resort's dress code and personal hygiene standards.
- Able to communicate in clear and supportive manner with all levels of staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to lift 50 lbs., climb stairs, and maintain rigorous and sustained activity.
- Able to work around cleaning chemicals.
- Able to follow written direction without deviation.