APTEL Studio Hotel is looking for housekeepers.
Location: APTEL Studio Hotel 624 Rodeo Place Anchorage, AK 99508
Hourly Compensation; Part-time, Seasonal.
- Team attitude and ability to get along with people.
- Work quickly and accurately.
- Be enthusiastic and show initiative.
- Remember names, faces and details.
- Be well groomed.
- Decision making capacity.
Housekeeper Job Description:
- Follow dress code and personal appearance standards.
- Be ready to begin work at specified time.
- Be hospitable to all guests and provide assistance with luggage, directions, etc.
- Clean rooms and common areas as specified by the person in charge.
- Report all maintenance problems to maintenance and the manager. (List on assignment sheet and fill out a work order.)
- Restock cart, empty vacuum and empty garbage at the end of your shift.
- Turn in all lost and found items immediately to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Keep all storage areas neat.
- Keep noise to a minimum in hallways.
- Follow all safety standards and practice safe work habits at all times.
- Honor all Do-Not-Disturb signs. Contact the Housekeeping Manager at noon for further instructions.
- Do not touch personal items in stay-over rooms.
- Replenish guest supply items (soap, shampoo, laundry bags, etc.) as needed based on the standards for the property.
- Do not clean rooms while guests are in them. Ask them politely to go to the lobby area or schedule a time to return to the room to clean it.
- Keep the cart and vacuum to one side of the hallway to allow safe passage.
- Report all clean rooms (check-outs and stayovers) on the assignment board.
- Be sure storage closets are locked at all times.
- Complete all duties assigned by the Housekeeping Manager or General Manager.
- Inspect all furniture, fixtures and equipment daily.
- Sign your master keys in and out daily with the Housekeeping Manager.
- Turn in all guest room keys to the Housekeeping Manager daily.
- Attend monthly staff meetings to discuss working problems, make suggestions, etc.
Candidates may apply online by clicking "Employment" at the bottom of the page, or in person at the hotel. A background check is required.