The ATIA Sales Manager will work collaboratively with the ATIA team to proactively generate and meet sales goals, create ad packages, and customize digital ad solutions for a variety of business marketing needs. Qualifications: The ATIA sales manager is responsible for retaining and/or enhancing current business relationships and creating new business sales within the travel and tourism industry. The successful candidate has a proven track record closing digital and other advertising sales. They are technologically savvy with the ability to understand the features and benefits of content management software and program database. ATIA’s sales manager is an expert in the art of prospecting against target client lists, gaining meetings with the right individuals, and executing productive sales goals with a high percentage of success. Ideally, a successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience in successful sales involving marketing technology solutions, particularly in the digital marketing space. Strong written/oral communication skills, proven project management skills and ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Prior experience in travel or visitor industry is preferred, however not required.
- The ATIA sales manager is responsible for working collaboratively with the ATIA team to recommend and execute annual advertising sales goals and revenue plans, including customized sales promotions for all destination marketing program sales activities. This includes all cooperative marketing programs and all digital advertising opportunities on TravelAlaska.com, including but not limited to business listings, banner ads, international ads/translations, e-newsletter sponsorships, travel specials, etc.
- The ATIA sales manager is accountable for owning and implementing ATIA’s overall sales strategies, in collaboration with the ATIA team and including selecting target companies, identifying the best possible target customers and performing on-going qualification and analysis to ensure sales strategies are on track. This includes establishing and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals for both integrated and digital advertising.
- The ATIA sales manager is responsible for new business development within the travel and tourism industry and is accountable for closing sales on a targeted number of current and new customers for the cooperative marketing program.
- The ATIA sales manager will familiarize and be the resident expert on interfacing with the content management system (CMS) software, supporting the sales and leads database and working with vendors and consultants.
- The ATIA sales manager will provide creative solutions for businesses seeking individual assistance regarding ad placements or additional advertising opportunities. The sales manager will be accountable for monitoring the ad database to ensure customers are receiving full benefit for their advertising investment.
- The sales manager will perform lead queries and generate lists (label or email).
- The ATIA sales manager is part of a collaborative team and may perform other duties in support of association services, including the annual ATIA convention and trade show and membership support.
Travel may be required to communities in Alaska, outside of Anchorage. This is a full-time, exempt position based in Anchorage in which salary is DOE. Submit a cover letter and resume by email to account email@example.com or by fax to (907) 561-5727.