This position is a night shift and is primarily accountable to surveil, report on, and protect Land’s End’s premises, assets, guests and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence to prevent prohibited or criminal activity. The primary function of the Security Agent is to detect, deter, observe and report. This will be accomplished through regular patrols of the buildings and grounds. Upon assignment or request, the Security Agent may also perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, projects which may be related to Housekeeping, Maintenance, or Administrative in nature, but which would be appropriate for accomplishing during the hours of this shift. The Security Agent must be self-motivated, professional, confidential, calm under pressure, and able to work unsupervised. The Security Agent will be cross-trained as C Shift/Night Audit position as well, in order to sufficiently provide backup as needed. All duties must be carried out in a professional, business-like manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Surveillance skills, judgment, objectivity, dependability, emotional control, integrity.
- Knowledge of security operations, procedures, and fire procedures.
- Must be able to work any evening and any shift as required, including weekends.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Able to anticipate problems and troubleshoot issues alone & unsupervised.
- Ability to monitor investigations and ensure appropriate follow up with guests or managers.
- Strong attention to detail. 9. Maintains composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Must have neat, legible penmanship.
- Must have superior verbal/ written communication and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask.