Are you a fast moving, driven professional who dreams of working with a fun team in Alaska’s tourism industry? How about selling membership products that have value? Or, advancing a growing interest in sustainable tourism through Alaska Travel Industry Association's (ATIA) Adventure Green Alaska program? We are an independent, creative team that drives our own successes. That means everyone must pull their own weight. And be ready to have fun doing it!
The ATIA Membership Manager’s primary responsibilities are to retain and increase ATIA membership in order to meet revenue goals; and, grow resources for the Adventure Green Alaska (AGA) program. Additional responsibilities include increasing the member experience by providing excellent customer service, programs and benefits. This could include implementing online and membership training programs; business to business partnerships; and increasing ATIA’s chapter engagement.
- Highly motivated, preferred previous business-to-business (B2B) sales experience
- Ability to set and meet revenue and member number goals
- Excellence in relationship building and closing sales
- Ability to promote and articulate membership benefits
- Ability to manage features of membership-related software and databases
- Strong written/oral communication skills, proven project management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Prior experience in travel or visitor industry is preferred, however not required. Major Activities:
- The ATIA membership manager will identify and implement an annual membership sales plan, including retention of existing members and identifying new member opportunities. The plan will include metrics with the guidance of ATIA’s membership committee. Critical components of the plan will include new member sales and up-sells to existing members. She/He will develop a thorough understanding of the various ATIA member benefits and programs, in order to enhance those programs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an office environment, over the telephone or online meeting platform, as well as attending various meetings and industry events.
- The ATIA membership manager is accountable for owning and implementing ATIA’s overall membership sales goals and benefits, in collaboration with the ATIA team and including identifying prospect companies, communicating benefits of ATIA membership and performing on-going qualification and analysis to ensure membership sales strategies are on track. This includes establishing and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual membership sales and retention goals. The ATIA membership manager will familiarize and be the resident expert on interfacing with the membership software and database (currently Your Membership or YM).
- The ATIA membership & partnership manager is part of a collaborative team and supports the annual industry convention as one of ATIA’s major member benefits.
- This position is the main liaison to the ATIA Chapters and provides support to the ATIA Membership Committee. Adventure Green Alaska
- The ATIA membership manager also leads the Adventure Green Alaska program – Alaska’s only, voluntary tourism certification program based on sustainable principles. AGA program goals include raising the level of credibility and standards; to be a leader in sustainable tourism and enhance Alaska’s image as a destination that cares about sustainability and quality visitor experiences; to provide additional marketing and business benefits for AGA businesses; and, to grow and become a self-sustaining program.
- The ATIA membership manager helps make sure everyone in Alaska knows about AGA and is looking for ways to grow the program. The objective is to maintain the engaged base level AGA applicant and recruit new businesses for a second level of AGA.
- This position will help guide AGA to fully realize the benefits of being recognized as a global and credible, sustainable tourism certification program.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about implementing the goals by managing renewal dates and timelines for retaining existing AGA members as well as identifying new businesses to apply for AGA.
- This position is responsible for outreaching and identifying new marketing and business opportunities to market the AGA program and member businesses.
- The ATIA membership manager, in partnership with ATIA’s leadership team, is responsible for raising corporate sponsorships to advance AGA goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position (salary of $60,000 or DOE) and reports to ATIA’s President & CEO. Travel may be required to communities in Alaska, outside of Anchorage. Your main place of work will be in downtown Anchorage. ATIA does support flexible work schedules and working remotely. Along with free parking (you can’t beat that!), we are also a dog-friendly workspace. ATIA currently offers a health stipend and a retirement plan (401K). Along with other benefits, ATIA provides a generous annual leave package along with “staycation” stipends for our team to enjoy traveling in and visiting places throughout Alaska. Afterall, we are in the tourism industry!
View the complete job description.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Andrea Rayt at firstname.lastname@example.org.