This position supports the Executive Chef in both operational and supervisory functions. Such duties must be carried out in a professional, businesslike manner, with flexibility and strong leadership abilities. The line cook is responsible for preparation of food items according to Land’s End standards. This position is expected to communicate and coordinate effectively with Executive Chef, as well as back up the grill and sauté chef, and perform the responsibly of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II.
- Understanding of menu items (bar menu, appetizers, dinner menu) with experience in the timing of orders, plate set-up and presentation with emphasis on quality.
- Able to prepare bar menu, appetizers and fried food items in high volume in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
- Able to work under Land's End policies.
- Remain professional under pressure.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures. Successful completion of Kitchen sanitation test within 30 days of probationary period.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Effective communication.
- The ability to multitask, while keeping a professional attitude.
- Must have good personal hygiene.