GoNorth Travel LLC is a receptive tour operator and agent for partners in German speaking Europe, Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia but also the U.S. We are looking for a SENIOR TRAVEL PLANNER to strengthen our team in Alaska.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Email network with the employees of our client partners, as well as service providers
• Craft quotes for suggested travel itineraries
• Enter bookings into our reservation system
• Provide relevant documentation for the end consumer, including detailed trip description in German or English and the corresponding vouchers.
• Attending meetings with service provider partners, work out new products for our clients, and market our products to existing and new clients.
• Work in team with co-workers in Fairbanks AK, and Zurich Switzerland
• German speaking and writing
• Extensive first-hand knowledge of Alaska and the Yukon including accommodation and tour providers offering services to tourists.
• Experience in Travel Industry in supervisory function
• Ability to problem solve, while working independently
• Ability to think from a tourist’s perspective
• Good communication skills and work in team
Winter work hours: flexible, Mondays-Fridays Summer work hours: 8AM-5PM active, standby until 8PM, Mondays-Fridays, limited hours & standby Saturdays / Sundays
• $25.00/hour during first months while being trained. Subsequently increases based on responsibilities taken over.
• $30.00 - $35.00 once extensive knowledge achieved, and special responsibilities taken over. Subsequently increases based on performance.
• 401(k) matching up to 4%
• Paid time off
• Paid sick time
• Employee discount
• Travel passes or discounts
Open From: 01/26/2024
Open Until: 02/29/2024
Submit your application, a letter explaining your experience in customer service, travel trade and German language, and your resume via email to email@example.com Once you are considered a candidate, we will ask you to provide reference contacts for questions regarding qualifications listed above and proved at previous work places.