This opportunity is perfect for the successful hospitality manager ready to join a vibrant, growing company operating one of Hyatt’s most well known brands in the heart of Anchorage. The General Manager will have the opportunity to join a stable & successful hotel whose team exemplifies high standards of service and captures the spirit of the Hyatt brand. The GM operates the property as a profitable enterprise, leading the staff as manager, coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Facility, Food & Beverage and Guest Service standards. The GM will lead the team to accomplish financial and operational results, communicating feedback, evaluating performance, and training the team in successful operation of the hotel. To apply, contact Carter Frank at email@example.com.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Leads the property in generation of revenue through sales and marketing efforts at the property level and in coordination with company and external brand resources, participating in sales calls and site visits in a revenue leadership role
- Maintains strong knowledge of and relationships in the local market, including demand generators, competitor strategies, and community impact opportunities. Manages relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate
- Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
- Coaches and supports the hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses. Will strive to attain financial goals while simultaneously achieving superior guest and team member satisfaction.
- Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities and labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
- Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership and inspires them to meet the business needs of the operation and personal growth.
- Supports the team’s skill proficiency and professional development through appropriate training and feedback. Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members; Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service
- Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
- Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Analyzes any service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
- Ensures that the building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
- Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence and personal growth; Makes key decisions, removes obstacles to success, and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
- Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
- Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
- At least five years of progressive hotel Management experience with proven success in leadership of teams
- Prior leadership role over direct sales efforts optimizing mix of business to maximize Total Revenues
- Proven success in guest service results
- Food & Beverage management experience
- Excellent communication skills to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written, as well as effective listening skills to understand issues and work toward problem resolution
- Intellectual ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
- Financial acumen required to work with, understand and analyze financial information and data including the ability to work effectively with spreadsheet platforms.
- Drive for results demonstrated through successful performance in prior leadership positions
- Action Oriented in order to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue and operational objectives. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments and roles
- Customer Focus to consistently deliver optimal employee and customer satisfaction for the hotel
- Valid driver’s license for hotel’s location
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored health insurance
- Basic life/AD&D insurance
- Group voluntary vision, dental, short term & long term disability
- 401(k) with company match