A dishwasher's responsibility is to make sure all dishes and cookware are clean and put away to their proper rack, bin, etc. This position is expected to have a complete understanding of sanitation and dish handling procedures. A dishwasher must be willing to assist any kitchen employee with simple food preparations, and follow directions of immediate supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Complete understanding of sanitation and dish handling procedures. Must pass a kitchen sanitation test.
- Ability to operate dish washing machine, including replacement of detergents, filter replacement, priming, loading and operation of dishwasher; ability to clean grease trap.
- Understanding of dish chemicals, their dispensing systems and potential hazards.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and plumbing systems including grease traps, drains, floor traps and water supply.
- Knowledge of kitchen layout and location of all dishes, utensils, paper products, banquet supplies and food storage.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs above waist and able to stand for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Willing and able to follow directions of immediate supervisor.
- Ability to troubleshoot or anticipate potential equipment, structural or safety problems.
- Dependable with complete understanding of dish handling procedures.
- Must have good personal hygiene.