Seeking a Director of Sales for multiple hotel properties in Anchorage & Fairbanks, Alaska. The Director of Sales will report to the General Manager of each property as well as the Senior Vice President of Operations for the hotel parent company.
The position is responsible for the sales functions of the hotels including soliciting of accounts, nurturing and growing client relationships/business, consistently up-selling the hotel's rooms and banquet space to meet or exceed set sales goals, budgeting, forecasting, advertising, and the creation of the marketing/business plan.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Participates in select sales activities both on and off property. Some travel will be required.
- Has ongoing personal involvement in community events.
- Monitor room inventory and rate programs, be knowledgeable of occupancy.
- Initiate and follow up on all leads.
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients.
- Attend and participate in property and industry sales meetings.
- Attend, participate and make presentations at CVB events, AAA events, bridal shows, trade shows, etc.
- Maintain close relationships and develop a positive rapport with tourism accounts, business associations, and community leaders to ensure repeat business.
- Monitor competitive set to maintain proper positioning.
- Establish relationships with competitors to ensure referral opportunities.
- Support the work of all hotel and restaurant managers.
- Take responsibility for other duties as assigned.
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Sales in the hotel industry required.
- Experience in an hospitality environment preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills required.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of PMS systems.
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to build and foster a positive team environment.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and a reliable vehicle that meets minimum Alaska insurance requirements.
- The position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried, full-time position, and hours of work and days generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Though due to the nature of the hospitality industry work hours can extend to evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Director of Sales can be based in Anchorage or Fairbanks, but will be required to regularly travel between both communities.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant must also submit a company application form. For more information contact Jymi Sickels at (907) 328-6300.