In accordance with Visit Anchorage mission, this position works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Convention Sales to provide administrative assistance to Convention Sales & Service managers. Read the full job posting.
To apply, download and complete the application and send with your resume and cover letter to Nedra Anderson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 524 West Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501.
Visit Anchorage offers a competitive benefits program. It includes paid vacation, recognized holidays and paid personal time; an employer sponsored healthcare program including employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) program; and paid downtown parking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains department database, including data entry and quality control
- Assists sales and service staff with word processing, generating reports, preparation of mailings and follow up
- Assumes duties of Convention Sales Manager and Convention Services Manager as demanded by employee absence
- Assists with FAM preparation in the office and on site
- Maintains and updates Alternative Meetings Facilities list
- Provides convention information and assistance to clients
- Provides companywide administrative support including Front Desk Receptionist duties on a substitutive basis as requested/available
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Models Visit Anchorage Core Values in the performance of all job functions
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Completion of high school degree and at least two years of sales orientated administrative experience, preferably in the tourism industry
- Advanced written communication skills to compose, edit and proof correspondence, proposals, sales projects, and reports
- Excellent communication skills, including abilities to deal with the public and provide excellent customer service
- Advanced computer skills with a major emphasis on file management including working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office 2007 (or later), and Simple View CRM information management software (or similar)
- Working knowledge of, and ability to perform basic troubleshooting for, standard office equipment including, fax machines, phones, copier, and scanners
- Ability to type 50 wpm with accuracy
- Ability to sort and index files for input, ability to sit at a computer, and vision acuity to read VDT and reports
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with convention and destination product
- Work requires the ability to read, write, and interpret materials in order to perform job duties
- Analytical ability necessary to exercise sound judgment and handle complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and anticipate the administrative needs of others
- In-depth understanding of Bureau operations, policies and procedures to regularly assume a broad variety of complex tasks
- Valid Alaska Drivers License
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires the ability to lift luggage and promotional materials (approx. 50 lbs.), stand for long periods at events, assemble event displays and display areas, and pack materials.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to extreme weather or climate while traveling and performing other duties.