In accordance with Visit Anchorage’s mission, this position works under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Community, Member & Visitor Relations (CMVR) and provides assistance to the Membership and Advertising Sales Representatives and Visitor Services Director. Coordinates and assists with various events, programs, and visitor relations.
To apply, download and complete the application and send with your resume and cover letter to Nedra Anderson by email at email@example.com or mail to 524 West Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501.
Essential Job Functions:
- Position requires people interaction skills, heavy public contact, and ability to work with numerous personalities, crowds and pressure
- Excellent oral communication skills to speak one-on-one and to groups of visitors, volunteers and other groups. Make presentations to outside groups
- Work requires good written communication skill to compose, edit and proof correspondence and reports
- Analytical ability necessary to handle moderately complex administrative details, such as preparing special reports by combining data from several different sources
- Familiarity with electronic spreadsheets, databases and mail merge programs
- Flexibility to handle multiple work requirements
- Commitment to Visit Anchorage programs and knowledge and belief in Anchorage products
- Work in Visitor Information Centers as needed.
- Assist Visitor Services Director as needed including First Friday, Volunteer In-Service meetings, and Taxi Program
- Provide support to CMVR sales staff by compiling sales packets, new member kits and coordinating mailings
- Coordinate booths at Trade Shows and other events as needed
- Schedule and work with members on all Business Exchanges and assists in development and hosting of other Bureau events, including annual banquet, open house and membership luncheons
- Fulfill and monitor Visit Anchorage material requests for community groups
- Management of Visit Anchorage Critter mascots.
- Coordinate department’s Wild Review newsletter submissions
- Other special projects duties as assigned, including data entry, event registration and ticket sales and management of concierge program
- Manage the Brochure Program for the VICs
- Provides companywide administrative support including Front Desk Receptionist duties on a substitutive basis as requested/available
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- These worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a high school education or equivalent. Tourism industry background not necessary, but detailed knowledge of Anchorage is critical.
- Position requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service, working knowledge of database skills, spreadsheet experience and word processing merging, and a minimum keyboarding skill of 35 wpm.
- Work requires a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; to or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Visit Anchorage offers a competitive benefits program. It includes paid vacation, recognized holidays and paid personal time; an employer sponsored healthcare program including employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) program; and paid downtown parking.